Saturday, July 21, 2012

I dont like roller coasters so why is my body always on one?

My weight has fluctuated so many different times over the years. I have weighed 104, 193, 185, 178, 165, 118, 162, 159, 157, 132, 124 and the list goes on. I am obsessed with getting weighed. I was fine with giving up diet soda, but walking past that scale and not getting on makes me uneasy. I feel some withdrawal. I think its for the best and I hope I can hold out till Friday. I usually get on twice a day, and if I haven't gone over my weight I will eat more, and if I have I usually get mad and still eat more. It makes no sense. I'm gonna take this day by day, but I do know that I want this roller coaster to STOP!

Today was not like a usual Saturday. I had no social events happening as I usually do, and that's a good thing because I'm not prepared for party food yet. It was a busy day of housework, paying bills, gardening, taking care of the dogs, and keeping the kids busy with crafts, and games. Today was hard. I really wanted to eat all day, but I didn't. It was hard at dinner time when there was colby jack cheese all cut up to be put on the grilled burgers. If I would have eaten one piece, I would have eaten it all. I walked away, and felt good about my decision. One of the hardest parts about tonight was getting one of my sons ice cream. There was just a little ice cream left over after putting it in his  cone. I really wanted to eat the last spoonful but I know if I did it would be all downhill from there. Im winning the weekend battle so far. Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Heres what I ate:
  • Breakfast-2 egg whites & 1/2 cup of cherries 
  • snack-2oz of grilled chicken & 1 peach
  • Lunch-1 cup of salad, 2oz of grilled chicken, and 1/2 white rice
  • snack-baked potatoe & 2oz grilled chicken
  • Dinner- 2 oz of lean ground beef, 1 cup of salad and 1/2 cup of white rice, and 1 cup of cauliflower
  • snack-1 peach 
  • I also drank 64+ ounces of spring water, and a cup of green tea , 2 cups of coffee

A friend told me about an app called mapmyrun. Im gonna try it out tomorrow. Dont let the name decieve you. Ofcourse I will be walking not running. I might be determined but Im not crazy :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment