Sunday, July 22, 2012

Food Is Not A Reward

I made it through the weekend, and my reward is not junk food, its feeling healthy and good. I have been rewarded with many people supporting me and joining me in this battle against an unhealthy lifestyle. I am so thankful for all of your advice, assistance , and  empathy with this. I am realizing I have many other things in my life to reward myself with. Junk food is no reward, its what got me in this mess. I should be rewarding myself with shopping for smaller clothes. "Bad" food is not going to take me to that place that I wanna be, so it cant be  my reward anymore. I'm not saying that I will never eat anything that's unhealthy, because I know I will. I'm saying when I choose to eat it , it will be simply because I want to taste it.


Today was another rough day. I got up around 5am did laundry, took care of the puppies, went for a 1mile 1/2 walk, then when food shopping when everyone ate there breakfast. I'm not a fan of breakfast food, but the smell of bacon cooking will drive me crazy. I did a lot of yard work (pulling weeds) not fun but a great calorie burner, who knew. Had a lot of different errands to run with the kids. I kept on my metabolism boosting food plan, and brought my food with me. However, Dinner was tough. I made macaroni and cheese for the rest of the family, along with corn, steak, and buttered rolls. It took everything not to put that creamy deliciousness into my mouth. I made it through dinner and was thankful. I feel good, and I know if I ate that I wouldn't have. I don't know what tomorrow will bring for me , but I do know I made it through the weekend!!!

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: 2 egg whites & 1 peach
Snack: 2oz grilled chicken & 1/2 cherries
Lunch: 2oz lean beef, 1/2 cup white rice, & 1 cup of cauliflower
Snack: 2oz of grilled chicken & baked potato
Dinner: 2oz rock shrimp , corn on the cob, salad & baked potato
Snake :1/2 cup of raspberries

64oz of water , and hazelnut coffee

I always use many different spices and hot sauce for flavoring.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are inspiring me with this little blog. I'm going to read it every day and hopefully it will help me too! Tomorrow I will bring in some fresh Bulldog blackberries to snack on. (And salt water taffy--but that is easily hidden...lol)

      Delete