Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What a difference a year makes

So today is the day last year (July 16 2012) the first day of my "diet" and I thought that I was going to starve to death by eating healthy. I thought if I exercised I would injure myself ( If you know me, I m very clumsy, and don't need exercise to do that). Well today (July 16th 2013) I am still alive, 20.6 pounds lighter, and 4 clothes sizes less. Wow that didn't hurt me at all, what a surprise! 

So why am I still at battle with food everyday??? I have to say some days are better than others but the fight with food will never be over, because its a part of my culture, and a part of  life. We all have to eat to live!  What I've learned is to make better food choices. You don't need cookies to survive lol

A few weeks ago I did not bring my food with me to a very long meeting in another county. That is not good for a " Hangry" (  hungry & angry) person. So I arrive at 8am with only 2 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of strawberries in my system. Around 1pm my boss went to the store and got me peanuts because that was the only good choice that was available . We were all hungry but were not able to go to lunch. So the meeting ended at 3pm which is never good on a Friday  because that means TRAFFIC!  After I was stuck in the car for the first hour ( and it was raining) I started to look for food in the car. The kids always leave snack bags in the car. I found old French fries, a bag of half eaten chips, and a few teddy grahams on the floor. These were not good choices to pick from but if this was a year ago, it would have been a buffet :-). So I decide that I don't know what my lil men have done to this food, and I should not eat it. Another hour goes by and I contemplate eating the one lonely skittle that was on the floor, it was red , my favorite, and I though oh maybe I can wipe it off. It was not a good situation. I passed on the skittle too but was about to break down, then the traffic started moving. 2 &1/2 hours in total and I was finally home. I had a cheesesteak waiting for me. I usually only eat the meat but not on that day. I ate the entire sandwich  . I was so happy eating it, but when I was done I was so sick. I had heart burn and couldn't sleep that night. That is why I always have to be prepared, or I completely lose my mind. Food is like a drug to me as I had said many times. So always be prepared and remember no one is perfect. we all mess up , but the great thing is that every day is a new day to start right back over again.  I never said it was , or is easy to do, but it sure is worth it! You will see results if you just try.


Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it
.Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
If at first you don't succeed-try, try again

No comments:

Post a Comment