Friday, August 29, 2014

Its been a fun but "Cruel Summer"

I have not had one weekend free of parties, concerts, activities vacations, day trips etc... with so many different friends and family. I am extremely grateful for all of the great times. Great times always equals great food and overindulging for me.  I never know when to stop. All summer I have had food readily available to me and plenty of drinks too. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl so I didn't pick and choose what I should have, I just had it all. Thankfully I kept walking for the most part and posting on facebook because that keeps me honest. Even all my exercise didn't prevent the inevitable, I gained 5 pounds . I thought "normal" people lose weight during the summer, not gain it! I'm not normal I know :-P

Last week I was traumatized when I volunteered to be a part of a weight lose challenge amongst friends and family. I was all for it until they asked me to get on that god awful scale. I couldn't do it. I did get on the scale but was traumatized by the numbers. It was after a full day of eating and drinking and if it was my scale I would have broken it!  Announcing my weight is just as bad a me not having coffee in the morning. So needless to say I cannot be part of that challenge ,so now I have to challenge myself again .

Bye bye Sam's Pizza, Curly fries, Kohr Bros vanilla ice cream, with rainbow jimmies and  hello to planning my food and eating 6 times a day! Back to my busy Fall/Winter routine of school/homework, kids sports (Hockey , Soccer Baseball), guitar lessons and work. That should keep me perfectly scheduled and I will be able to plan everything just the way I like it :-) Wish me luck in losing 20 pounds by this time next year!.

“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Babe Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment